Online – Live Interactive Class
Course Coverage: Basic to Advance
- Duration: 3 Days
- Time: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Stable Internet Connection
- Workstation: Desktop / Laptop
- Communication Device: Headset with Microphone and Web Camera
- Gmail Account
- Google Meet
- Google Classroom (Assignment submission)
What made us the No. 1 Center for CMS Courses
1st center to offer CMS Web Development Training in the Philippines
This is where it all started. Our Founder “Henry N. Ong II“ is the recognized pioneer of CMS Web Development courses in the country, and In 2006, Inventive Media became the first center to offer CMS Web Development classes.
Unmatched Credibility and Experience
Close to 85% of Local Government websites powered by CMS got their training from us. Such agencies include Malacanang, DOST, DICT, PNP, Phil. Army, Phil. Navy, Bureau of Immigration, NBI, GSIS, Pagcor, Phivolcs, NEDA to name a few.
The Most Complete CMS School in the Philippines
We are the only IT learning center that offers 4 of the world’s popularly used CMS Web Development platform namely Joomla, WordPress, Drupal & Magento.
Get Free Unlimited Refresher Classes
In-line with our mission statement, students who have previously attended this course are automatically entitled to a refresher course free of charge. Limitation: The refresher course is limited only to the same course & course version that you have taken.
2011’s Best CMS Awardee. Is by far the world’s most popular and widely used CMS Web Development application in the world. Joomla is web development application made easy! It’s database driven (PHP/MySql) & helps you easily build dynamic based websites. Allows easy integration of features such as user login, RSS, forum, ecommerce, blog, etc. This Joomla tutorial is designed to help you create and design database based driven websites like a pro!
- Basic computer knowledge and skills in Mac or PC.
- Knowledge in any graphic design application and web development platform is an advantage although not required.
- Unlimited Refresher Class (Validity : 1 year)
- Certificate of Course Completion
- References Materials (PDF)
- Software Evaluation Copy
- Other Add-ons
Introduction to Joomla
- What is Joomla?
- What’s a CMS?
- Advantages of Using CMS
- What is a database?
- Where to Download Joomla
- Where to Download Local Web Server Application
- Installing the local database (XAMPP/WAMP/MAMP)
- Installing Joomla (Windows/Mac)
- Accessing Website’s Frontend and Backend
Understanding Joomla’s Control Panel
- Menu Bar
- Add New Articles
- Article Manager
- Front Page Manager
- Section Manager
- Category Manager
- Media Manager
- Menu Manager
- Language Manager
- User Manager
- Global Configuration
- Logged in Users
- Recent Added Articles
- Menu Stats
Configuring Joomla after Installation
All about Content
- What’s a Content?
- What’s an Article?
- Adding Content/Article
- Adding Article(s) to the FrontPage/Homepage
- Arranging the order of Articles Displayed on the FrontPage
- Editing Aticles
- Changing the Layout on the FrontPage
- Creating individual pages of Content
- Minimizing the display of articles through Read More and Page Break
- Deleting and Retrieving Deleted Articles
Designing and Formatting Content
- Getting to know the TinyMCE / WYSIWYG Editor
- What’s a Relative Hyperlink?
- What’s an Absolute Hyperlink?
- Creating Different Hyperlink
- Text Hyperlink
- Image Hyperlink
- Email Hyperlink
- PDF Hyperlink
- Download Hyperlink
- Named Anchors
- Managing your Media Content with the Media Manager
- Embedding Images
- Embedding Videos
- Inserting Internal Video
- Inserting External Video
Organizing Articles into Sections and Categories
- What are Sections and Categories?
- Creating a Sections and Categories
- Adding Articles to Sections and Categories
- Section and Category Display Formats
Article Configuration and Settings
- Article Global Parameters (Site-wide Parameters)
- Article Parameters (Overriding Article Global Parameters)
- Article Access Levels
- Article Publishing Parameters
- Article Metadata
Working with Menus
- Parent Menu Item and Sub-menu item
- Menu Item Details
- External Link Menu
- Menu Separator
- Search Menu
- Menu Wrapper
- Changing the Order of Menu items
- Menu item Page Title
- Changing the site’s Default Loading Page
- Deleting Menu Items
- Restoring Menu Items
- Creating additional Menu
- What are Extensions?
- Installing and Uninstalling Extensions
- Working with Different Extensions?
- What is a Template?
- Joomla’s Pre-installed Templates
- Installing Templates
- Assigning different Templates to specific Pages
- Template Parameters
- Editing the Template’s Images
- Editing the Template’s CSS and HTML codes
- Adding Users
- User Permissions
Understanding the Global Configuration
- Joomla Messaging
- Read Messages
- Write Messages
- Mass Messaging
- Global Check-in
- Clean Cache
- Purge Expired Cache
Optimization your content for Search Engine Indexing
- Search Engine Friendly URLs
- Adding Metadata to Articles and Global Configurations (Keywords & Description)
- Looking for the right Web Host
- Backing-up and Exporting the database (localhost)
- Importing the database to your Webhost
- FTP Publishing
- Configuring the configuration.php file
- Site Backup
Meet your Mentor
2 Course Package