Duration: 5 Days
Time: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
This course provides a thorough introduction to Autodesk 3ds Max that will help new users make the most of this sophisticated application, as well as broaden the horizons of graphic designers, graphic enthusiasts and alike.
Designed For: This course design for beginner users wanting to learn about 3D environments using 3ds Max for visualization purposes for different disciplines; architecture, engineering, game development, production design, etc.
Learning Objectives: After completing this session you will be able to: Create 3D models, manipulating, and importing 3D data. Embellishing scenes with use of materials and maps. Creating lighting for your environments. Rendering still pictures and rudimentary animations.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills in Mac or PC..
- Basic knowledge in video editing and motion graphics is an advantage but not required.
- Knowledge in Photoshop and Illustrator is an advantage but not required.
- Unlimited Refresher Class (Validity : 1 year)
- Certificate of Course Completion
- References Materials (PDF)
- Software Evaluation Copy
- Other Add-ons
Overview of 3ds Max
- 3dsMax interface
- Navigation techniques and tools
- Using Viewports and view settings
- Cameras, Three button Mouse
- Manipulation of objects using Transform tools
- Primitives modelling
- Using Modifier stack
- Modifiers expalined
Primitives and modelling
- Using 2D Shapes
- Converting 2D shapes to 2D models using Extrude and Bevel
- Lofting techniques
- Sub object modelling
- Using Box modelling technique
Polygon Modelling and Product Models
- Understanding proper modelling methods
- Using Vertices, Faces and Edges
- Adding edge loops.
- Creating realistic solid models
- Using Compound Objects
- Boolean and Scatter
- Creating a 3D Model using image planes.
- Practical session on creating the Model
Applied Exercise: Creating a 3D Room Scene
Working with texture mapping
- Understanding texturing in 3dsMax
- Using Material Editor
- Shaders like Blinn, Phong and Anisoptropy
- Basic Lighting in 3dsMax
- Using Point lights, Direct lights and Spotlights
- Rendering using Scanline renderer
- Raytracing, Shadows and reflections
- Applying Textures
- Texture mapping
- Projecting textures on surfaces
- Applying multiple materials
- UV mapping
- The UV Texture Editor
Lighting and rendering
- Camera Setup
- 3 Point lighting setup
- Using mental ray rendering
- Mental ray render setup
- Mental Ray Materials
- Global Illumination
- Final gather
Rendering and output
- Setting up beauty pass
- Creating output directories
- File outputs and sequences
- Compositing in photoshop
Meet your Mentor