This WordPress tutorial is designed to help you create and design dynamic database based driven websites like a pro!
WordPress CMS is hailed as the “World’s Fastest Growing CMS and #1 Blog Application”. Awards: 2010 – CMS Hall of Fame Winner; 2009 – Best CMS Website Development Application. A database driven web development application powered by PHP and MySQL. Great for building dynamic websites with features such as ecommerce, classified ads, directories, forum, blog, etc.
WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. We like to say that WordPress is both free and priceless at the same time.
WordPress started in 2003 with a single bit of code to enhance the typography of everyday writing and with fewer users than you can count on your fingers and toes. Since then it has grown to be the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
Everything you see here, from the documentation to the code itself, was created by and for the community. WordPress is an Open Source project, which means there are hundreds of people all over the world working on it. (More than most commercial platforms.) It also means you are free to use it for anything from your cat’s home page to a Fortune 500 web site without paying anyone a license fee and a number of other important freedoms.
What is a Content Management System?
Who uses WordPress?
- FOX News
- FOX News
- Wall Street Journal
- Rolling Stone
- The undisputed Worlds Number 1 Blogging Application
- In 2007 WordPress won a Packt Open Source CMS Award.
- In 2009 WordPress won the Packt best Open Source CMS Awards.
- In 2010 WordPress won the Hall of Fame CMS category in the 2010 Open Source Award
- In 2011 WordPress won the Open Source Web App of the Year Award at The Critters
- Certificate of Course Completion
- References Materials (PDF)
- Software Evaluation Copy
- Other Add-ons
- Website 101
- Introduction to WordPress
- Installing MySQL and WordPress
- Touring the Dashboard
- Configuring WordPress Settings
- Pages and Posts
- Creating a Dynamic and Static Home Page
- All About Pages
- Using Page Break
- Enabling and Managing Comments
- Using the Media Library
- Creating Hyperlinks
- Adding/Embedding Media Content
- Using Categories and Tags
- All about Posts
- Using the More Tag and Excerpts
- Adding Functionality with Plugins
- Creating a Contact Form with CAPTCHA (Contact Form 7 Plugin)
- Customizing Appearance
- User Management
- Useful Tools
- Site Back-up and Maintenance
- Plus hints, tips and best practices!